A globally renowned and world-ranked academic institution are recruiting a Project Manager to oversee a major financial transformation project on an initial 12 month fixed-term contract basis. They have recently opened a new, state-of-the-art UK campus and are growing as a result of various commercial agreements and the attraction of record student numbers.
The Project Manager will support a major transformation project that will involve the centralisation of most accounting, procurement and process based work into a de facto Shared Service Centre. The role will report to the Programme Manager and responsibilities will include:
· Ensure the project is managed according to business requirements, agreed timescales and within budget; identify / address any deviations to these.
· Provide for all stakeholders, ensuring knowledge is managed and transferred from old to new processes.
· Manage and motivate Business Analysts on the project where necessary.
· Enable training / support for staff as they move into their new roles.
· Seek to streamline & improve processes where possible.
· Other ad hoc responsibilities to support the wider finance function.
The ideal Project Manager will possess significant transition or transformation experience and would wish to further develop these skills – applicants may either have worked in a similar role either in industry or consultancy. Project Management qualifications would be useful (e.g. Prince2 / Agile) and a financial background would also be useful, though not essential. Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills, a methodical approach and strong attention to detail are all required; a good team player who can offer practical and pragmatic solutions would be ideally suited. An extension to the contract term is also highly likely.
Salary: £49220 - £54880 + 18% pension + 31 days holiday + benefits.
iMPART Recruitment Ltd encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.