A Group Technical Accountant is wanted by a market leading FTSE-100 plc for 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave. They operate across the technology and manufacturing sectors and have performed well thanks to their cutting edge products - they are also acquisitive with both a clear expansion plan and future strategy. This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience in a prestigious global plc.
The Group Technical Accountant will work as part of a small team and report in to a particularly high calibre Group Technical Accounting Manage. Duties include:
· Provide technical accounting support to finance teams by researching and drafting technical accounting guidance to resolve their queries.
· Maintain the ‘Accounting Queries log’; track queries & monitor answers provided by the Technical Accounting team to ensure consistency.
· Design and maintain a Q&A site on Sharepoint to enable local finance teams to raise accounting queries and link to guidance already documented.
· Prepare accounting papers to show the impact of one-off transactions e.g. group reorganisations, new funding requests or acquisitions & disposals.
· Support the Technical Accounting Manager in researching / implementing new accounting standards; e.g. IFRS15, IFRS16 & IFRS9.
The ideal Group Technical Accountant will be a Big 4 / Top 20 trained ACA who is either at Manager level in practice or who has already moved into a group reporting or technical advisory role in a Plc. Candidates must be strong verbal & written communicators (you’ll deal with people around the world both within and outside finance), with an eye for detail will the maturity & gravitas to work at up to Board level. You will be curious in nature and a strong analyst to boot. You’ll also seek to work for a company offering a positive culture & a strong work life balance.
Salary: £65000 - £70000 + 13% pension + 15% completion bonus + bens.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.