A temporary Financial Accountant is sought by an exciting new start-up business for an initial contract of 4–6 months. Backed by and part of an existing big name financial services company, the new business will have its own office, staff, processes and systems and they aim to start actively trading very shortly indeed.
The temporary Financial Accountant will report to the CEO and Head of Finance and their responsibilities will include:
· Drive the creation of their finance function that will provide management reporting, KPI reports, variance analysis and all relevant commentary.
· Set up the accounting system (Aqilla) and ensuring all codes are accurate.
· Work with non-finance stakeholders to ensure they’re aware of their obligations.
· Ensure that processes & controls are in place across all Balance Sheet areas.
· A range of ad hoc work to support the CEO and Head of Finance as necessary.
The ideal candidate for the temporary Financial Accountant role will be a qualified accountant who has worked in / with small businesses (e.g. an accountant / auditor in a small practice firm could be ideal). This a particularly hands-on role and you’ll need enjoy working with systems and be comfortable posting journals. A commercial, inquisitive mindset is key and candidates are expected to be able to work on their own where necessary. The CEO and Head of Finance are both dynamic industry experts and will create a fun, positive working environment.
Rate: £240 - £275 per day.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.