A Financial Planning Manager is sought by a leading, brand name FTSE-250 plc who are the obvious leader in their field. Established well over 100 years ago, their name is synonymous within the consumer services industry in which they operate. They have grown (from an original single product offering) to provide a full suite of products and services that sees them transact with around 15 million people per year. The organisation is expanding and this is an excellent time to join.
The Financial Planning Manager is a newly created role and it will report to the Divisional Director of Finance. You will own & develop the key financial models used to provide an understanding of business performance and you will also assess the value of all business cases. Your duties will include:
· Ensure robustness and accuracy of financial models; enable provision of value-adding analysis to understand commercial performance.
· Develop full understanding of, and ability to flex the assumptions built into the logic of, all financial models.
· Partner with finance & operational stakeholders to ensure that financial models meet the needs of everyone in the business.
· Co-ordinate an improvement in monthly forecasting, reporting & analysis.
· Own & review all business cases to ensure correct investment decisions.
· Develop process leadership across the business to ensure that all stakeholders provide the correct data for the model on a timely basis.
· A wide range of ad hoc analytical projects to support the business.
The ideal candidate for the Financial Planning Manager will be either a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with significant financial modelling experience or someone who has gained all-round modelling experience within a financial environment. Superior knowledge of Excel is expected and candidates with SQL, Azure and / or Oracle experience would be at a slight advantage. You will be bright, tenacious, naturally curious and with excellent attention to detail. Further, you will be innovative in your work and will be an excellent & analytical problem solver. Progression opportunities are available both within and outside of finance.
iMPART Recruitment encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.