A Senior Group Financial Accountant is sought by a FTSE-100 Plc which operates in the commerce and industry sphere. They are one of the leaders in their sector and have a future strategy that has been well received by the City. The company has a global footprint, provides a positive working environment and offers significant training and development opportunities to all. Further, candidates who enjoy critical thinking, being analytical and not simply ‘keeping the wheel turning’ with thrive under their auspices.
The Senior Group Financial Accountant reports to the Group Financial Reporting Manager and will work as part of a small high calibre team of qualified accountants to ensure superior quality data for reporting purposes. Specific duties will include:
· Prepare group financial information including preparation / review of notes and disclosures for the Annual Report & interim / year-end releases.
· Provide expert financial reporting and IFRS guidance across the group.
· Offer a high quality review for information submitted by Business Units (BUs) for actuals, budgets & forecasts; be a general point of contact for BUs.
· Drive continuous improvements in group processes & controls.
· Assist the systems & IT teams with suitable upgrades to the HFM system.
· A range of ad hoc projects, e.g. accounting for acquisitions / disposals.
The ideal Senior Group Financial Accountant will be a Chartered Accountant (either CA / ACA significantly preferred) who trained with a Big 4 / Top 6 firm. Experience of preparing or auditing multi-currency group consolidations for large, listed multi-nationals is a must though you may have gained this experience in practice or industry. Candidates will have sufficient maturity & gravitas to operate at all levels, will enjoy financial reporting in a complex group structure and will be capable of progression from this role within around 2 years.
Salary: £58000 - £63000 + £6k car + 20% bonus + pension + benefits.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.