A high calibre Group Technical Accountant is sought by a market leading FTSE-100 plc on a 15 month fixed-term contract basis. Operating within the technology and manufacturing sectors, they have performed well thanks to their cutting edge products and they post strong revenues each year. They are also acquisitive with both a clear expansion plan and future strategy. Their training is excellent and the role is an ideal opportunity to gain experience in a global multi-national plc.
The vacancy for the Group Technical Accountant has arisen to cover a period of maternity leave; the incumbent will work as part of a small team and report in to a particularly high calibre the Group Technical Accounting Manage. Duties include:
· Provide technical accounting support to finance teams by researching and drafting technical accounting guidance to resolve their queries.
· Maintain the ‘Accounting Queries log’; track queries & monitor answers provided by the Technical Accounting team to ensure consistency.
· Design and maintain a Technical Accounting site on Sharepoint to enable local finance teams to raise accounting queries and link to guidance and best practice already documented.
· Prepare accounting summaries to show the impact of one-off transactions e.g. group reorganisations, new funding requirements or acquisitions & disposals. Demonstrate the overall accounting impact of the transaction.
· Help local finance teams to prepare accounting papers and fair value workings required to account for acquisitions & disposals.
· Support the Technical Accounting Manager in researching / implementing new accounting standards; e.g. IFRS15, IFRS16 & IFRS9.
The ideal Group Technical Accountant will be a Big 4 / Top 20 trained ACA who is either at Manager level in practice or who has already moved into a group reporting or technical advisory role in a Plc. Candidates must be strong verbal & written communicators (you’ll deal with people around the world both within and outside finance), with an eye for detail will the maturity & gravitas to work at up to Board level. You will be curious in nature and a strong analyst to boot. You’ll also seek to work for a company offering a positive culture & a strong work life balance.
Salary: £60000 - £65000 + 13% pension + 15% completion bonus + bens.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.