A Financial Controller is required for the flagship hotel in a very fast growing hotel chain. The group currently operate a dozen sites in prime locations across Europe and, having secured new funding, are poised to at least double this number with additional sites opening around the world over the next couple of years. They are backed by a strong management team and this is a particularly exciting time to join them.
The Financial Controller will report into both the General Manager (GM) and the London based group finance team. You will be supported by people with several years of relevant experience who will provide you with excellent training and guidance. Your duties & responsibilities will include:
· Prepare and review monthly management reports and property reports.
· Oversee all financial accounting and liaise with auditors.
· Produce weekly & monthly cash flows and monthly cash flow forecasts.
· Manage the preparation of budgets & quarterly forecasts with the GM.
· Operate as business partner to the GM and all other hotel managers; contribute to decision making by providing analysis & relevant commentary.
· Manage one finance member of staff and offer support to all budget holders.
Applications for the post of Financial Controller are invited from accountants who have gained genuine finance experience within the hospitality industry. You need not be qualified but you must have worked in a leadership role in either a hotel, restaurant or other hospitality industry. You will be a strong all-rounder and must be hands-on in approach as well as having a good eye for detail. You will possess strong analytical skills, and be bright, curious and hungry to learn. Finally, you will be eager to take on responsibility as you will directly contribute to the success of the hotel in which you work.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.